Friday, February 06, 2009

Saddened to hear about decision

I am saddened to hear of your decision to rebroadcast WVXU. I frequently drive to Oxford from Cincinnati at night, and thoroughly enjoyed your independent programming, especially Momma Jazz and other original programming. The trend to nationally syndicated programming is a mistake -- it stifles local artists, and homogenizes the music and opinions I have come to depend on for local information and arts. I suppose there is no alternative to your decision at this time, but would hope that sometime in the future economic conditions will permit a return to local programming.

In addition, WVXU and WMUB reception pretty much overlap, and I fear your listening pool will further dry up until WMUB evaporates into the ether.

Thanks for the wonderful music you have provided.

--Jim, via email

[Ed.: to clarify, the decision to change WMUB was made by Miami University, not WMUB.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home