Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Gentle, literate & informative programming

I'm saddened by the news of WMUB's untimely demise. I am a WMUB member who lives in rural East Central Indiana where MUB's signal overlaps with the Indiana Public Radio listening area, and have always felt that WMUB's gentle, literate, and informative local programming is head and shoulders above that provided by IPR. I know very little about Miami University - though the fact that a small rural Ohio liberal arts college has served as a home for such an undervalued and progressive gem has often been a source of amazement to me. I suppose this takes a bit of that sheen off; it seems that "the declining economy" is providing cover for the president to sacrifice an asset which, in reading the brief press release, we get the feeling he has considered a burden for a long time. Sometimes you really don't know what you've got until it's gone - but this time I think most of us do know. I'm upset that the university doesn't see this.

--Eric, Farmland, IN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home