Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hate the loss of local shows

I have supported public radio since I moved into the area 20 years ago. WVXU was my main station since I live in Loveland. I also sent contributions to WMUB, WYSO, and WNKU in order to support the local programming available in the tri-state area. However, when WVXU decided to go to a format of national show feeds and to drop the local programming, I switched over to WMUB as my main station. I really hate the idea of the loss of the local shows and the local perspective. The local perspective is what makes each station different and reflects the interests and concerns of the served community. A feed from WVXU does not serve the same purpose.

Needless to say, I will not be supporting WVXU. I shall have to switch my main support to WYSO or WNKU.

--Susan, University of Dayton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home