Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Decision is unfortunate

My late husband and I were long-time supporters of WMUB and for the past nearly ten years have been day sponsors. As residents of Oxford since 1964, WMUB was always a staple in our lives, so the decision to make these changes are unfortunate. During these approximately 59 years, many fine news broadcasters got their start at WMUB and over 35,000 listeners have depended on the station. Although I can understand the current financial situation, the money expended on WMUB – which produces fine, educated young people – is so little compared to the amount spent on athletics, which may occasionally produce a “star.”

My question now is: I have paid for day sponsorship for 6 March 2009 in memory of my husband, Jerry. Since the change in operations occurs on 1 March 2009,– will that day sponsorship be honored or will I be refunded the $150 I have paid?

Thank you,

--Frances, Oxford

[Ed.: we are working with Cincinnati Public Radio on an answer to this.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home