Friday, June 01, 2007

Don't follow CBC example

In a world of where consolidation and homogeneous product are considered efficient and cost effective, the individual is often overlooked.  To still have a local radio station, informing your area of local and university events and interests attracts me to listen frequently to your station.

Although I graduated from Miami, I am Canadian.  Our national radio, CBC, has had it's funding slashed in the last 10 years.  The result has been highly diluted, and non-specialized content.  The resulting diminished listenership is also apparent.  I felt Canada was much different from the US in that everyone listened to CBC.  Even farmers in their barns and fields!  I learned from CBC, and the stories from around the country tied the country together.  In fact, one of the reasons I immigrated to Canada was the insightful and intelligent programing I heard while listening to CBC while in the States. I thought Canada must be an interesting and open country.  It portrayed itself exquisitely. To me, that was radio at it's best.

I work here from April to Sept., and come back every month for the business.  I am a wmub listener.  If the format is altered to a homogeneous, right of centre product, I will find my radio from short-wave or internet.

Thank you for soliciting comment.

--Name withheld by request

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home