Monday, April 30, 2007

Alumni appreciate WMUB

My wife and I are both Alumni of Miami University, and now live in the Dayton area.  Within the last five years, I have begun listening to WMUB each day, and many of our contributions to Miami over the last five years have come through WMUB and their annual fund drive.  

I enjoy the wonderful programming the station provides, including Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Mama Jazz, The Diane Rehm Show, Fresh Air, and many others.  I have found WMUB and public radio to be a welcome change from other news sources.  The programming is insightful and thoughtful.  

At a time when so many programs in the media seek to polarize the public, it is important to support such an endeavor as WMUB and public radio.  I have increased my monetary support to the station, and this is a time when Miami University, as a public university in southwest Ohio, should be increasing its support for WMUB and public radio.  While I understand budget constraints, Miami must continue to provide this valuable service.

--Brian Boyd, Vandalia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home