Thursday, April 26, 2007

Save WMUB

I'm sure that I don't have to detail the many ways that WMUB strengthens our Oxford and Miami communities. However, I would like to suggest that WMUB also strengthens our national visibility and enhances Miami's academic reputation.

Several years ago, I lived and worked in Cheyenne, Wyoming. As I listened to my local NPR station from the University of Wyoming in Laramie, National Public Radio featured an extended interview with Miami University Professor of History Andrew Cayton, broadcasting from WMUB. NPR sought out Dr. Cayton because he could discuss election results in the context of Ohio/mid-West history and because he was associated with an NPR affiliate. Subsequently, I heard Political Science Professor Adeed Dawisha commenting about the Iraq war, also broadcast nationally—and to me in Cheyenne--from WMUB, Miami University.

I urge the committee to recommend preserving WMUB.  Do not allow this resource to be diminished.

--Nancy Arthur, Oxford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home