Wednesday, August 08, 2007

WMUB is essential

I am a new faculty member at MiamiU, and to my delight I have found WMUB an excellent service.  I am dismayed that the powers that be are considering funding cuts to WMUB.  In an era of media consolidation, lack of media representation for non-corporate entities, and extremely poor coverage of locale events and community concerns, WMUB is essential for the Miami Community, Oxford and the intellectual health of the greater university environment.  Please continue to fund WMUB at or above it current levels.
 
--Andor J Kiss, Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Dayton and spend most week ends at Lake Erie and spend the winter in Florida. There is no NPR station in any place I live that is as good as wmub. In fact when at home in Fl I pull WMUB up on my computer and play you down there as no station in that state is comparable to WMUB. Thanks for what you are and please don't change your format.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home