Thursday, June 07, 2007

WMUB adds to the educational mission

WMUB is a valuable part of the academic community.  Most news casts on the radio and TV aren't much more than "sound bits" and slanted analysis.  I listen to WMUB each morning for in-depth news, objectively reported.  I listen to some of the afternoon programing, when I can.  Science Friday is one of my favorite programs.  As a Chemistry professor at Miami, some of this material has even been useful in my classes.  WMUB even promotes the principles of the Miami Plan, such as critical thinking and engaging other learners.

Miami University should continue to support WMUB because it adds so much to the educational mission of Miami.

--Thomas L. Riechel, Associate Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Miami University

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home