Thursday, May 10, 2007

Our main source of news

I have been a listener of WMUB for the past 7 years.  It is a wonderful station.  My family does not watch TV, so it is our main source of news, and we always listen to it during the mornings and evenings. I work part time as a physician in Brookville, Indiana, and I listen to WMUB while I commute to work.  During my days off, I listen to the day time NPR shows:  Diane Rehm, Fresh Air, Talk of the Nation, Science Fridays. 
 
Often, there is an author or book that is presented on these shows, and I have been able to request the book from the local library.  Through WMUB's programming, I have become much more informed and balanced. 
 
While I can listen to these programs through other public radio stations, I like supporting WMUB.  My son has worked at WMUB for the past four years, and it has been one of the most important aspects of his college experience.  I also like the local programs, which contributes to the "small town community feel" that makes living in Oxford so special.  I am a 1988 graduate of WMUB and knew several students that worked at the radio station as part of their Mass Communications major, and I remember hearing them as they developed professionally, listening to their increasing confidence and poise.  I have always been impressed at Miami's support of WMUB and have made contributions to help support WMUB as well.  I sincerely hope that Miami will continue to see WMUB's value to our community.
 
--Kami Park, Oxford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home