Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Outreach to the community

I know as both a high school teacher and library trustee that funding is an issue for all educational and cultural institutions. As a Miami graduate and citizen of Ohio, I am pleased that the president is monitoring university spending diligently. I would hope that the committee evaluating university funding for WMUB would consider the wide audience the station reaches to provide in-depth news, local information, cultural issues and news, thought-provoking discussions (both NPR and local) in which listeners may participate, and entertainment. I feel this outreach to the community is a valid and important mission for a quality university, a seat of enlightenment and culture. I want my university to support such an educational and culltural extension. I agree that WMUB's internship opportunity for students is a strong link between univeristy and station. Some of my former students have been WMUB interns, an experience that has enriched their education.

--Mary Pearson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home